Nickel Mines Limited, driven by the positive outlook of the nickel marketTeam Veye | 27 Jan 2021 ASX - NIC
Nickel Mines Limited (ASX: NIC)
Nickel Mines Limited (ASX: NIC) on 25 January 2021, provided its quarterly activities report for the quarter ended on 31 December 2020.
December quarter delivered record operational and financial results, closing 2020 on a highly positive note.
(Chart source: TradingView)
Hengjaya Nickel Project (80% interest held by Nickel Mines)
During the December quarter, Hengjaya Nickel produced 5,718.9 tonnes of nickel metal at an average NPI grade of 14.9% at a production-weighted average cash cost of US$7,612/tonne. The Group’s attributable nickel production reported an 11.2% increase from the September quarter production.to 4,575.1 tonnes of nickel metal. Hengjaya Nickel recorded (on a 100% basis) sales of US$78.7M for 5,654.8 tonnes of nickel metal sold. Reported Underlying EBITDA at US$34.9M and Underlying net profit at US$33.0M.
Ranger Nickel Project (80% interest held by Nickel Mines): During the December quarter, Ranger Nickel produced 5,808.1 tonnes of nickel metal at an average NPI grade of 15.0% at a production-weighted average cash cost of US$7,442/tonne. The Group’s attributable nickel production was 4,646.5 tonnes of nickel metal, an increase of 4.5% on the September quarter production. For the December quarter, Ranger Nickel recorded (on a 100% basis) sales of US$80.1M for 5,746.6 tonnes of nickel metal sold, underlying EBITDA of US$36.7M and an underlying net profit of US$34.8M
(Graphic Source – Company Reports)
- During the December quarter, the combined Hengjaya Nickel and Ranger Nickel projects recorded (on a 100% basis) record sales of US$158.8M for 11,401.4 tonnes of nickel metal, record underlying EBITDA of US$71.6M and record underlying net profit of US$67.8M. Production of 11,527 tonnes of nickel from combined RKEF operations was a record for quarterly production, with production levels consistently around 1,900t p/m of nickel from each project.
- Expenditure on mine production and development activities during the quarter totalled US$8.5M. Expenditure on mine exploration activities during the quarter totalled US$1.9M.
- During the quarter the Company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (‘MoU’) and subsequently a Definite Agreement with Shanghai Decent to acquire a 70% interest in Angel Nickel, The Company’s equity participation in the project will increase to 80%.
- Underlying Free Cash Flow from Operations reported a 58% increase to US$71.9M (100% basis) from US$45.5M in the September quarter.
- RKEF December quarter cash costs:
- Hengjaya Nickel: US$7,612/tonne, up 6.6% from the September quarter.
- Ranger Nickel: US$7,442/tonne, up 2.5% from the September quarter.
- Cash + receivables + inventory at quarter end was up by 152.1% to US$517.9M from US$205.4M in the September quarter.
- Cash reported an increase of 274.6% to US$351.4M.
- Reported US$68.8M of repatriations from RKEF operations to project shareholders, including US$55M to Nickel Mines. (Data Source – Company Reports)
Key expansion activities made significant advancements during the December quarter in support of the Hengjaya Mine’s plan to further increase the production of both saprolite and limonite ores in 2021. With RKEF assets now well established, a development project underway and a broadly positive outlook across the global nickel market, the future outlook looks promising. The “Higher High” formation on the price charts with positive divergence on the RSI chart and positive cross over on MACD supports the upside rally of the stock. The stock is trading near the upper band of the Bollinger with no reversal candle formation. It can have the potential of growing significantly in the short to medium term. The Latest "Buy" on “Nickel Mines Limited” at the price of $0.68 was given on 31 August 2020. It has already grown by more than 105% in less than five months. Veye maintains a "Hold" on “Nickel Mines Limited” at the current price of $1.40
Veye Pty Ltd(ABN 58 623 120 865), holds (AFSL No. 523157 ). All information provided by Veye Pty Ltd through its website, reports, and newsletters is general financial product advice only and should not be considered a personal recommendation to buy or sell any asset or security. Before acting on the advice, you should consider whether it’s appropriate to you, in light of your objectives, financial situation, or needs. You should look at the Product Disclosure Statement or other offer document associated with the security or product before making a decision on acquiring the security or product. You can refer to our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide for more information. Any recommendation contained herein may not be suitable for all investors as it does not take into account your personal financial needs or investment objectives. Although Veye takes the utmost care to ensure accuracy of the content and that the information is gathered and processed from reliable resources, we strongly recommend that you seek professional advice from your financial advisor or stockbroker before making any investment decision based on any of our recommendations. All the information we share represents our views on the date of publishing as stocks are subject to real time changes and therefore may change without notice. Please remember that investments can go up and down and past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns. We request our readers not to interpret our reports as direct recommendations. To the extent permitted by law, Veye Pty Ltd excludes all liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this website and any information published (including any indirect or consequential loss, any data loss, or data corruption) (as mentioned on the website www.veye.com.au), and confirms that the employees and/or associates of Veye Pty Ltd do not hold positions in any of the financial products covered on the website on the date of publishing this report. Veye Pty Ltd hereby limits its liability, to the extent permitted by law to the resupply of services.