Zip Co Limited, looking forward to accelerate growthTeam Veye | 22 Jan 2021 ASX - Z1P
Zip Co Limited (ASX: Z1P)
Q2 FY21 Trading Update
Zip cements itself as a true global BNPL leader
Zip Co Limited (ASX: Z1P) on 21 January 2021 provided the trading update for the quarter Q2 FY21 ended 31 December 2020
Zip has firmly maintained its position as one of the fastest growing BNPL players in the US, and as a true global BNPL leader, with over 5.7m customers, annualised TTV of c.$7.5bn and annualised revenue of c$480m.
- Quarterly revenue reported growth of 88% YoY to $102m
- BNPL December revenue was up by 94% YoY to $40.2m
- Quarterly transaction volume was up by 103% YoY to $1.6b
- December transaction volume was up by 104% YoY to $628.4m.
- Quarterly transaction numbers reported to 10.7m , up by 149% YOY
- Customer numbers increased to 5.7m, up 97% YoY.
- Merchants on the platform reported an increase of 73% YoY to 38.5k (up 73% YoY).
- Zip US (QuadPay) delivered record results in Q2 across all core metrics – $673.1m in transaction volume, $47.6m in revenue and 915k new customers.
- The Company raised $176.7m in equity, with the majority of funds allocated to fuel the significant US growth opportunity.
(Chart source: TradingView)
On 18 January 2021, the company completed its share purchase plan announced to the market on 16 and 17 December 2020.
- The SPP followed the successful completion of the $120 million (before costs) placements to new and existing institutional, sophisticated and professional investors. Proceeds will be used primarily to fund global growth (US, UK and New Markets) and product expansion in Australia with Zip Business
- Tremendous support from the existing shareholders resulted in the oversubscriptions of $26,739,524.95, which have been accepted in full.
- The final issue price under the SPP is $5.29 per share.
- Total of 10,724,674 new ordinary shares were issues under SPP, which are expected to be quoted on the ASX on Thursday, 21 January 2021.
ZIP entered into a partnership with Harvey Norman franchisees, Domayne, and Joyce Mayne on 15 December 2020. The partnership will provide customers with additional choice and better ways to pay with Zip’s BNPL payment solutions.
On 11 December 2020, the company has entered into a partnership with Facebook. This will help small and medium business owners access Zip’s buy now pay later digital wallet to help run their business and pay for advertising on the global social platform.
On November 16, 2020, ASIC’s Report 672 into the “Buy Now Pay Later” (BNPL) sector was released.
- Only 1 in 100 Zip Pay customers are late each month, as compared to the data in the report that shows 1 in 5 customers across the broader BNPL industry has missed a payment.
- The report also confirms that Zip makes less than 1% of its revenue from late fees, among the lowest of all BNPL providers (Data Source – Company Reports)
The quarter witnessed the continued roll out of the Zip Business suite of products in Australia with the launch of Zip Trade in December. The company expects to launch Zip Trade+, an interest free account up to $150k, in Q3 FY21. The partnership with Facebook, enabling Australian SMBs to use Zip Business to purchase ads on the social platform, as well as Zip Business gaining approval for the Australian Government SME Guarantee together are laying a strong future growth foundation. The stock has gained momentum after facing a bearish trend for a long. The upside momentum is well supported by MACD entering in positive territory and RSI holding above 50. The stock has become bullish in the short term and can have the potential to accelerate momentum on a close above $7.99, which offers strong resistance. Veye maintains a "Hold" on “Zip Co Limited” at the current price of $7.36
Veye Pty Ltd(ABN 58 623 120 865), holds (AFSL No. 523157 ). All information provided by Veye Pty Ltd through its website, reports, and newsletters is general financial product advice only and should not be considered a personal recommendation to buy or sell any asset or security. Before acting on the advice, you should consider whether it’s appropriate to you, in light of your objectives, financial situation, or needs. You should look at the Product Disclosure Statement or other offer document associated with the security or product before making a decision on acquiring the security or product. You can refer to our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide for more information. Any recommendation contained herein may not be suitable for all investors as it does not take into account your personal financial needs or investment objectives. Although Veye takes the utmost care to ensure accuracy of the content and that the information is gathered and processed from reliable resources, we strongly recommend that you seek professional advice from your financial advisor or stockbroker before making any investment decision based on any of our recommendations. All the information we share represents our views on the date of publishing as stocks are subject to real time changes and therefore may change without notice. Please remember that investments can go up and down and past performance is not necessarily indicative of future returns. We request our readers not to interpret our reports as direct recommendations. To the extent permitted by law, Veye Pty Ltd excludes all liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this website and any information published (including any indirect or consequential loss, any data loss, or data corruption) (as mentioned on the website www.veye.com.au), and confirms that the employees and/or associates of Veye Pty Ltd do not hold positions in any of the financial products covered on the website on the date of publishing this report. Veye Pty Ltd hereby limits its liability, to the extent permitted by law to the resupply of services.