ioneer Ltd, achieving a significant milestoneTeam Veye | 22 May 2020 ASX - INR
ioneer Ltd (ASX: INR)
ioneer Substantially Completes Asian Boric Acid Distribution and Sales Network
ioneer Ltd (ioneer or the Company) (ASX: INR), an emerging lithium–boron supplier, on 21 May 2020 announced that it had secured two separate boric acid Distribution and Sales Agreements (Agreements) for the supply of boric acid from ioneer’s Rhyolite Ridge Lithium-Boron Project (‘Project‘) in Nevada, USA, substantially completing its Asian boric acid distribution and sales network.
(Chart source: TradingView)
- Three-year boric acid Distribution and Sales Agreements signed with Kintamani Resources Pte Limited, and Boron Bazar Limited, covering critical additional territories in Asia.
- The new agreements, plus the binding Dalian Jinma offtake agreement, announced December 2019, places 100% of ioneer’s first year of boric acid production, and more than 85% of boric acid production in years two and three.
- The signing of these Agreements completes the key components of ioneer’s current Asian boric acid marketing plan to secure direct offtake or distribution and sales agreements with recognised industry participants for most major Asian countries.
- Distribution and Sales Agreements expected to commence Q2 2023 as Rhyolite Ridge production commences.
- Boron production expected to account for approximately 30% of revenue at Rhyolite Ridge. Its reliable and steady revenue contribution helps secure Rhyolite Ridge at the bottom of the global lithium cost curve.
(Graphic Source – Company Reports)
The Agreements were signed with:
- Kintamani Resources Pte Limited (Kintamani) for the territories of Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines.
- Boron Bazar Limited (Boron Bazar) for the territories of Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Myanmar. (Data Source – Company Reports)
Signing these Distribution and Sales Agreements mean 100% of ioneer’s first year of boric acid production is taken care of in either binding offtake agreements or through distribution and sales agreements. This is a significant milestone for ioneer to Rhyolite Ridge becoming operational. These Agreements demonstrate the high demand for sustainably produced boric acid and further underpins the Project’s compelling economics. Boric acid sales are expected to account for approximately 30% of average annual revenue at Rhyolite Ridge. The boric acid revenue is equivalent to approximately 72% of all-in sustaining cash costs for the Project. The stock was trying to make a cup and handle pattern which could have been bullish. Although the RSI has turned up the handle is still under formation. The stock crossing $0.135 with volumes can confirm this and then it can have the potential of rising significantly. Veye maintains a "Hold" on “Ioneer Ltd” at the current price of $0.12
Veye Pty Ltd (ABN 58 623 120 865) authorised representative (AR No. 001261006) of Vested Equities Pty Ltd which holds an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL No. 478987). Veye is authorised to share only generic financial views through its website, reports and newsletters without taking into consideration your personal financial needs or investment objectives. Although Veye takes the utmost care to ensure the accuracy of the content and that the information is gathered and processed from reliable resources, it is recommended you seek professional advice from your financial advisor or stockbroker before acting on any of our recommendations. Veye Pty Ltd advises it’s users to pursue investing as a long-term goal. Stocks are subject to real time changes therefore all the information we share represents our views at the date of publishing and we request our readers not to interpret our reports as direct recommendations. Past performance is no indication of potential future performance. The securities and financial products we study and share information on in Veye Reports may have a product disclosure statement or other offer document associated with them. You should obtain a copy of these documents before making any decision about acquiring the security or product. You can refer to our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide for more information. Veye Pty Ltd confirms that the employees and/or associates of Veye Pty Ltd do not hold positions in any of the financial products covered on the website on the date of publishing this report (as mentioned on the website www.veye.com.au).