Did Perenti Global Limited continue to demonstrate their leading expertise?Team Veye | 21 Feb 2020 ASX - PRN
Perenti Global Limited (ASX: PRN)
Perenti surface business secures more than $150 million in work
Perenti Global Limited (ASX: PRN) on 20 February 2020 announced that its Surface Mining Industry Sector Group (ISG) had been awarded $155.5 million in new and extended contracts.
“These latest awards add to $165 million in surface work we announced in December 2019 and the $200 million contract we recently announced for our Underground ISG.
(Chart source: TradingView)
The new work, extensions, and expansion of scope are across ten projects, with highlights including:
- A 3-year contract (with options to extend) for production drilling services with Boggabri Coal Operations (a part of Idemitsu Australia Resources Group) at its Boggabri Mine in New South Wales.
- A 3-year contract extension with a major iron ore producer for reverse circulation (RC) and grade control (GC) drilling at its Western Australian operations.
- A 12-month contract extension with Consolidated Minerals to support current mining operations and regional expansion projects.
- Expansion of services for a major mining contractor in Queensland which will double the contract value across the current three-year contract duration.
- A 12-month extension to existing works at Gold Fields’ St Ives and Granny Smith projects, which involves land and lake rigs for air core, RC and diamond drilling.
- An equipment hire agreement with E&P at Gold Fields’ Damang Mine in Ghana. (Data Source – Company Reports)
The contracts reflect Perenti’s ability to deliver value for its clients by performing quality work across the Group’s diverse Surface portfolio. Through their surface business, it continues to demonstrate their leading expertise and reputation in the sector. This has resulted in a number of contract extensions and expansions for their quality client base. The stock had started falling sharply following a security incident in early November. Now it appears to have formed a double bottom near its support area. It may start recovering now. The lost momentum may, however, come only above $1.58. The stock price of the company has grown more than 25% till now since Veye’s “Buy” recommendation at $1.165 in Dec’18. We give a “Hold” recommendation on “Perenti Global Limited” at the current price of $1.465
Veye Pty Ltd (ABN 58 623 120 865) authorised representative (AR No. 001261006) of Global Merces Funds Management Ltd holds Australian Financial Services License (AFSL No. 460883). Veye is authorised to share only generic financial views through its website, reports and newsletters without keeping into consideration your personal financial needs or investment objectives. Although Veye takes utmost care about the accuracy of the content and ensure that the information is gathered and processed through reliable resources but it is recommended for you to seek professional advice from your financial advisor or stockbroker before acting on any of our content or taking a final decision on your investments. Veye Pty Ltd advises it’s users to pursue investing as a long-term goal. Stocks are subject to real time changes therefore all the information we share represents our views at the date of publishing and we request our readers not to interpret our reports as direct recommendations. Future Performance of any Security/Financial Product cannot be assured basis its past performance. The securities and financial products we study and share information on in Veye Reports may have a product disclosure statement or other offer document associated with them. You should obtain a copy of these before making any decision about acquiring the security or product. You can refer to our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide as per your convenience. Veye Pty Ltd confirms that the employees and/or associates of Veye Pty Ltd do not hold positions in any of the financial products covered on the website on the date of publishing this report (mentioned on the website).